Black Mirror will be producing and posting here and elsewhere (e.g. youtube, etc.) short films of STLCC students and alums performing monologues and soliloquies.
The pieces will be short, no longer than 5 min. with most 4 min. or less, and produced in the style of the New York Times series ”In Performance” – i.e., no costumes or set (aside from, perhaps, a chair or such), no makeup, a plain (or nearly so) backdrop, no props or the least absolutely essential. Local videographer Jesse Bader will handle recording (video and audio) and lighting.
References – Check ’em Out
- The NYT’s In Performance series with Juliette Binoche performing a selection from Antigone (sorry for the irritating adverts – we would eliminate them if we could).
- Jesse Bader, St. Louis-based videographer.
Pieces in Process
- Minty, an excerpt from the former WGN series, Underground, with Tiffany Knighten, shooting 12/17/17.
- Lisa, My Friend, an excerpt from this short play by Abe Koogler, with Madeline Finn, shooting in early January, 2018.
- Krapp’s Last Tape, an excerpt of Samuel Beckett’s beautiful 1-man show, with Robby Suozzi, shooting TBD.